Pajeon (Green-onion Pancake) is a dish made by mixing flour, egg, and green onion and frying the combination on a pan. As the ingredients and cooking method are similar to a pancake and its appearance is similar to pizza, pajeon is often called “Korean pancake” or “Korean pizza” among foreigners. The New York Times introduced pajeon as a type of pancake suitable for dinner, along with Italian pancakes with vegetables and spinach pancakes from Northern Europe. The newspaper also mentioned that pajeon is usually dipped in soy sauce, mixed with vinegar and sugar and is a popular dish that can appeal to people with various tastes.
Pajeon on TV
In an episode of the variety show Running Man, members of the girl group Twice visited Busan and divided into teams for a mission according to their favorite local food. Four members of Twice—Na-yeon, Chae-young, Jeong-yeon, and Momo—made up the Dongrae Pajeon team named after an area in Busan, which is famous for scallions and delicious, oversized pajeon.
Cooking Time: 40 min
369 kcal (1 serving)
Main ingredients: 80g scallions, 70g clam meat, 100g flour
Sub ingredients; 50g egg, 10g red pepper, 2g salt, 60ml cooking oil, 150ml water
Sauce ingredients: 30ml soy sauce, 10ml vinegar, 5g sugar, 30ml water
1. Mix the flour, egg, and salt in a bowl and stir well. If the flour does not mix in, strain it through a sieve.
2. Cut the roots of the scallions, remove the outer layers, and wash thoroughly. Cut into strips 15 cm long, flatten the bottom parts by pressing them with the side of a knife, and cut into halves lengthwise to make the strips thinner.
3. Slice the red pepper.
4. Wash clam meat by shaking it in lightly salted water, rinsing, and draining the water through a sieve.
5. Add the clam and red pepper in the flour dough and mix them in.
6. Roll the prepared dough round on an oiled pan, add the scallions, and cover with another, thin layer of dough.
7. Cook on medium heat. When the underside of the dough is fully cooked, turn the pancake over and cook until it becomes crispy.
8. Combine the ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve together with the dish.
Kim Hyo Jin email@example.com
<저작권자 © AgraFood, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>