Japchae is a Korean dish made with potato starch noodles, thinly-sliced beef, and various vegetables—such as carrot, spinach, mushroom, and onion—and seasoned with soy sauce.
The fantastic harmony of chewy noodles and salty-sweet soy sauce has won the hearts of many people in Korea and overseas. In fact, it is hard to find a person who does not like japchae, and that is one of the reasons why the dish never fails to appear on the table at Korean banquets and festivals.
Japchae on TV
Top Japanese model Yano Shiho is well-known in Korea thanks to her appearances on Korean TV. She is often shown having Korean food—especially japchae. In anepisode of the variety show The Return of Superman, Yano Shiho whetted the appetites of many viewers by cooking japchae as a birthday dish for one of her family members.
Cooking Time: 30 min
150kcal (1 serving)
Main Ingredients: 60g potato starch noodles, 50g beef, 20g shiitake mushroom, 30g carrot, 50g onion, 30g spinach
Sauce Ingredients: 9g soy sauce, 2g sugar, 2g chopped green onion, 1.4g chopped garlic, 1g salt with parched sesame, 0.1g pepper, 0.5g sesame oil
1. Get the noodles ready by soaking them in cold water and cutting them into pieces about 7 cm long.
2. Mix the seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
3. Clean the beef of blood and cut into strips about 6 cm long and 0.3 cm thick. Marinate it in half of the seasoning prepared in step 2.
4. After removing their pillars, cut shiitake mushrooms into thin strips along with the onion and carrot.
5. Blanch the spinach in salted boiling water. Squeeze out the liquid and season the spinach with salt and sesame oil.
6. Oil a heated pan. Add the onion, carrot, shiitake mushroom, and spinach. Stir-fry them and put on a dish. Fry the beef in oil on a pre-heated pan.
7. Put the noodles and the remaining seasoning on a pan and stir-fry them until the seasoning boils out.
8. Add the onion, carrot, shiitake mushroom, beef, and spinach. Finish by sprinkling sesame seeds on top.
Kim Hyo Jin firstname.lastname@example.org
<저작권자 © AgraFood, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>