Although kimchi is delicious by itself, it can also be used as an ingredient for a variety of scrumptious dishes. There are numerous traditional Korean dishes using kimchi, and many more are being introduced at home and abroad as fusion food. For example, food trucks in the US now sell kimchi tacos, kimchi burritos, and kimchi quesadillas.
Today, we are going to make kimchi-jjigae with tuna. It is a very popular and common dish in Korea, and many Koreans miss it when they go abroad. Hallyu Star Chu Ja-hyun is no exception. He said in an interview that whenever he travels to China for shooting, he takes ingredients for kimchi-jjigae with him and shares the dish with the crew.
Kimchi-jjigae is a savory hot stew made with kimchi and various vegetables. You can add pork, mackerel pike, mackerel, and other ingredients according to your preference to make different types of this stew.
Today’s special ingredient is a representative Korean export product, canned tuna. The addition of tuna makes the stew lower in calories and simpler in taste than other kinds of kimchi-jjigae.
The oil from canned tuna may make the broth murky and too greasy, so it is better to use only the fish. To reduce sourness in the dish, add some sugar.
How to Make Kimchi-jjigae with Tuna (Two servings)
Main Ingredients: a can of tuna (100g), 450g napa cabbage kimchi (well fermented)
Sub Ingredients: 40g onion, 100g tofu, 10g crushed garlic, 20g spring onion, 2 anchovies for broth, 15ml cooking oil, 7g red pepper powder, 7g sugar, a little bit of black pepper powder
1. Make the broth with anchovies.
2. Slice an onion and cut spring onion diagonally. Cut kimchi into bite sizes.
3. Drain the oil from the canned tuna using a sieve.
4. Oil a pan and fry the kimchi and garlic.
5. Add kimchi liquid to the broth and boil.
6. Add the fried kimchi and garlic to the pot and simmer until kimchi is done.
7. Add tuna.
8. Add spring onion, red pepper powder, and black pepper powder, and boil one to two minutes more. Serve with cooked rice.
Park Sung Eun firstname.lastname@example.org
<저작권자 © AgraFood, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>