As the summer season approaches, more people want to lose weight. Thus interest in diet products and low-calorie food rises. One good ingredient for diet dishes is the oyster mushroom. It gives a chewing sensation similar to meat and, thanks to its relatively weak scent, can be cooked in many ways—fried, roasted, or boiled.
Today, we are going to make a seasoned oyster mushroom dish. It is very popular among Korean dieters because the dish uses few seasonings and the recipe is very simple: just parboil and season the mushrooms.
When making this dish, it is better to use Korean mushrooms and perilla oil. Korean mushrooms are excellent in quality, food safety, and are exported to many countries. Since last year, Korean perilla oil has been especially popular in Japan where local media introduced it as a healthy food that can prevent dementia and other diseases.
Since no other main ingredient is used but the mushroom, the key to making your dish delicious is to obtain high-quality oyster mushrooms. A fresh oyster mushroom has a cap of light grey and gills with a firm comb pattern.
How to Make Seasoned Oyster Mushrooms (1 Serving)
Main Ingredient: Oyster mushroom 300g
Seasoning Ingredients: 1Tbsp soy sauce, 1tsp sugar, 1Tbsp sesame, 1tsp sesame oil, 1tsp salt
1. Tear and clean the oyster mushrooms after cutting off the bottom parts.
2. Make the seasoning by mixing all seasoning ingredients except sesame and sesame oil.
3. Blanch the mushrooms in boiling salt water.
4. Drain the water from the mushrooms using a sieve.
5. Mix the mushrooms with the seasoning in a bowl.
6. Grease and preheat a frying pan. Stir-fry the seasoned mushrooms on high heat for 1–2 minutes.
7. Add the sesame oil and stir-fry for one more minute on low heat.
8. Garnish the top of the dish with sesame. The dish is ready.
Park Sung Eun firstname.lastname@example.org
<저작권자 © AgraFood, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>