Uses Gochujang and Doenjang in place of Chinese Chilly Bean Sauce
Korean sauces are made and fermented with soy sauce, which is good for the human body. These are gaining attention from oversease consumers who look for healthy foods. Last year, Korea achieved the No. 1 position among all countries from which China imports sauces. In this issue, <Korea AgraFood> would like to introduce you to a Chinese dish made with the Korean sauces gochujang (red pepper paste) and doenjang (soy bean paste). That is the Korean style mapa tofu with rice. Mapa tofu is a Chinese dish with tofu and minced fried meat in a chilly bean sauce put on the boiled rice. Korea style mapa tofu with rice is made with gochujang and doenjang instead of the Chinese chilly bean sauce, an essential ingredient. You can first have the sweet and hot taste of hot pepper paste and then the pleasant flavor of soy bean paste. Enjoy new style Mapa Tofu with this recipe!
Adding each vegetable in accordance with one’s taste makes it a richer dish. To reduce calories, you can use tofu directly, without frying it in oil. In this case, however, be careful of cooking because tofu breaks easily.
How to Make Korean Style Mapa Tofu with Rice (one serving)
Main Ingredients: 145g tofu, 10g spring onion, 80g pork, one bowl of rice, 1Tbsp starch flour
Sub ingredients: 0.5Tbsp crushed garlic, 0.5Tbsp sugar, 0.5Tbsp soy sauce, 0.5Tbsp doenjang, 0.5Tbsp gochujang, a little bit of sesame oil and black pepper powder
1. After dicing the tofu, put it on the kitchen towel to remove the moisture.
2. Slice a green onion diagonally.
3. Apply cooking oil evenly on the pan and boil the green onion and minced garlic at a simmer to produce the aroma.
4. Put minced pork in the pan and fry it.
5. When the pork is cooked well, add the tofu and fry it until it becomes yellowish.
6. Add a glass of water and all ingredients except minced garlic, bring to a boil.
7. When the water boils, add the starch powder and stir it until it reaches a pulpy state.
8. Put the mapa tofu on the boiled rice, sprinkle sesame oil or green onion softly and that’s it.
Park Sung Eun firstname.lastname@example.org
<저작권자 © AgraFood, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>