Even if You Have It Every Day, You’ll Never Grow Tired of It
Lately, “Hansik banquets” to promote tourism in Korea were held in Saint Petersburg and Moscow, Russia. At each event, 13 kinds of Korean foods (Hansik) were introduced and one of them, mu-malgeun-jangguk (white radish and meat soup), turned out to be particularly attractive to the Russian palate. Made with just meat and radish, without any special ingredients, this Korean soup has a simple and clean taste. The delicious, clear meat broth is not greasy at all, and this is exactly the point that appeals to Koreans and foreigners alike. Where does the taste come from? The answer is white radish. The vegetable contains water (over 90 percent) and thioglucosidase. The piquancy of thioglucosidase makes mu-malgeun-jangguk clear and refreshing.
When cooking this soup, you do not need to prepare any particular ingredients. The most important part is selecting meat. Depending on what kind of meat you use and what other ingredients you add, you can come up with a variety of flavors. The well-defined meat - such as eye of the round or fore-shank of beef - will make the soup lean, not greasy, and add chewiness to the meat. Using salt for seasoning, instead of soy sauce, will result in a clearer broth.
Get the meat nutrition and warm yourself up on a cold day with a bowl of steaming, plain and clear mu-malgeun-jangguk!
How to Make Mu-malgeun-jangguk (Two Servings)
Main Ingredient: beef 300g, water 1.6ℓ, white radish 300g
Sub-ingredients: green onion 20g, crushed garlic 5g, pepper 2g, soy sauce or salt 6g, sesame oil 10㎖
1. Clean the meat of blood. Season it with a mixture of salt, crushed garlic, pepper, and sesame oil.
2. Cut the radish into squares about 2.5cm in width and length, and 0.5cm thick. Cut the green onion so the pieces are 2cm long and 0.2cm thick on the diagonal.
3. Put oil into a frying pan and cook meat to rare.
4. Add the radish and continue frying.
5. Pour water into a pot and boil with all ingredients.
6. Cook on high for the first eight minutes and then on low for 30 minutes.
7. Add green onion and boil for two more minutes. Season with soy sauce or salt. The dish is ready.
Park Sung Eun email@example.com
<저작권자 © AgraFood, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>